Great Wall of China at Badaling and Ming Tombs Day Tour from Beijing478 reviews
Here at the Badaling section, you have the opportunity to climb either the north or south face of the Great Wall, enjoying sweeping views of the surrounding landscape. As you stroll with your guide past watchtowers along the ancient fortification, learn why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and see why it lives up to its reputation as one of the Eight Wonders of the World.
From Badaling it's on to the sacred Ming Tombs, burial grounds to 13 of the 16 Ming emperors. Situated just outside the city, only three of the tombs are actually open for viewing. Discover the earliest and largest of the excavated burial sites, the Chang Ling Tomb, which dates back to 1413 and is divided into three separate, impressive courtyards. During your day trip, a Chinese-style lunch is included, along with a shopping opportunity at the renowned Longdi jade factory. Learn how this beautiful stone is carved and enjoy browsing for goods, as well as a chance of the tea tasting before returning to your hotel in Beijing city aboard the coach.
- Pick-up and drop-off services from the hotels located within 4th ring circle highway
- If your hotel is located out of 4th Ring Circle Highway, please go to Prime Hotel to join the tour at 07:00AM. (Add: No. 2, Wangfujing Ave. Tel: +86-10-65136666)
- Air-conditioned coach
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Chinese style lunch
- Entry/Admission - The Great Wall at Badaling
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
- Cruise port pickup is not available
- Cable car fee
Tour departs from the hotels located within 4th ring circle highway
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Entire tour is normally about 8 hours, but it might take a bit longer during peak season like summer time or special holidays
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews