Full-Day Mekong Delta Bike Tour from Ho Chi Minh City6 reviews
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grasshopper Adventures, 41/6a Tran Nhat Duat, Tan Dinh, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
The van will leave from our office to your hotel. Start to pick up at 07:00 Am
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: My Tho, My Tho, Tien Giang Province, Mekong Delta
On arrival in the Mekong Delta as the bikes are set-up you may enjoy coffee or tea at a small village cafe. Soon we are off riding through the serene countryside on quiet, paved rural roads, past countless rice paddies, vegetable farms and orchards full of locally grown fruit. Our tour weaves along canal paths and orchard trails, across ferries, through the charming villages and towns full of friendly faces. Along the way, we’ll stop at a small shop to see traditional woven mats and visit a nearby cocoa plantation. We will ride through two very traditional local markets with fresh fruits and vegetables from the region, as well as the recent catch of fish from local rivers and streams.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vĩnh Kim, Châu Thành District, Tien Giang, Vietnam
As we head further south, rural roads give way to concrete canal paths and the vegetation grows denser and many of the streams start to look more like the large tributaries of the Mekong. We will visit the largest wholesale fresh produce market in the region, see indoor fresh-water shrimp cultivation, and stop at a beautiful traditional temple of the Cao Dai religion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cai Be, Cai Be, Tien Giang Province, Mekong Delta
Lunch is prepared in a private home with a beautiful garden patio for dining. After our meal and short rest, you will board a small canal boat for a relaxing journey through quiet canals, before our private van takes us back to hectic central Saigon.
Our Mekong Delta in A Day bike tour is the perfect opportunity to savor the flavors and diversity of southern Vietnam. Come taste the freshness, marvel at the beauty, listen to the river songs and capture unforgettable moments of the Mekong Delta on this full-day bike adventure.
Duration: 2 hours
- Top-quality Merida, Giant and GT bikes for all size and ages, including kids
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Homemade lunch served in a private home
- Seasonal fresh fruit and drinks at the rest stop
- Professional, English-speaking Vietnamese guides
- Bottled water throughout the ride and at meals
- Support van for transfers during your ride
- Use of bicycle
- Food and drinks, other than those detailed in itinerary
- Personal Expenses
Traveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear. Flip flops and loose sandals are not advised.
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended.
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking for proper bike sizing. This includes children.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Guests should be comfortable on a bike and in reasonable physical condition.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. The tour operator will provide thin plastic rain ponchos.
- Confirmation will be sent after booking on-line
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 6 recent reviews