Changes & Cancellation by Us
We aim to operate all tours as advertised but by as we plan the tours many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
Changes: If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of carriers, changes to the mode of transportation, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Occasionally we may have to make a major change to your confirmed booking. Examples of “major changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements of twelve or more hours.
- A significant change to your tour itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
We will not cancel a tour less than 42 days before departure, except for Force Majeure, Low Bookings or the Client’s failure to pay the final balance. Unless the Client fails to pay the final balance, the Company will, upon cancellation, return all monies paid excluding payment for travel insurance or offer an alternative tour of comparable standard. No compensation will be paid to the Client if cancellation is because of Force Majeure or Low Bookings.
If we have to make a major change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for major changes) accepting another tour of equivalent or superior standard; or
- a choice of specified travel arrangements of a lower standard to those previously booked together with a refund of the difference in price; or
- cancelling the tour and obtaining a full refund of all monies paid.
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If you fail to do so we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
Insurance: If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Compensation: If we cancel or make a major change to your holiday less than 60 days before departure, we will pay you compensation as detailed below. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
|Period before departure in which you notify us
||Amount you will receive from us
|60 days or more
|59 - 31 days
|30 days or less
Important note: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make a minor change;
- where we make a major change or cancel your arrangements more than 60 days before departure;
- where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
- where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure (see clause 12).
Please note: where arrangements with a higher price than the original arrangements are offered by us and accepted by you, the difference in price will be deducted from any compensation payable. In no case will we pay compensation if the arrangements offered by us and accepted by you are of a higher price than those originally booked by you and in the same location where no additional payment is made by you.
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangements that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and, if appropriate in all the circumstances, will pay you reasonable compensation.