Currently Recruiting for a ...
Product Manager - London (UK)
On The Go Tours are looking for a successful and driven Product Manager to join our small and very busy Product team. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven product Manager with solid negotiation and contracting experience to come in and manage our current destinations and develop exciting new travel products.
The role requires a candidate willing to go the extra miles to deliver market leading products and offers a real opportunity to make a difference in a medium sized business. The ideal candidate for this position can expect to be very hands on, working on their own initiative and have the autonomy to really develop their geographical product range. You will be proactive and results orientated, with the drive to successfully push product forward within a competitive international market place, delivering on commitments and meeting deadlines.
The Product Manager will manage specific destinations and the DMC relationships within the destination. They will be responsible for transferring destination information and delivering product training to the reservations, business development and marketing teams within the organization. You will also need to ensure projects are completed to the timeframe, against competing priorities. You will be part of the driving force in On the Go’s product expansion helping to chart the course of new destinations and new markets – both mainstream and niche. As the team is small and multi-disciplined you will need to be a self-starter with broad experience and a get it done attitude.
Your Top 5 Responsibilities
- Manage DMC relationships and be their first POC for questions, itinerary intricacies/discrepancies, availability, load management, dates and pricing
- Solve issues (either client or the effect of a change in local conditions) occurring in destination with minimal upheaval, change and cost
- Become expert in the destinations you are responsible for allowing reservations and client questions to be answered quickly
- Be able to write content, proof, resize images and create maps at speed and upload to the web
- Make commercially viable decisions on new and changes to existing product
KEY PERFORMANCE DELIVERIES
Ground Operations/DMC Management
- Day to day communications with DMCs such as answering questions, providing advice on client related matters
- Contracting new DMCs
- Conducting annual price reviews, negotiating rates and requesting promotional discounts
- Conduct guide training, policy and procedure training and annual reviews in destination
- Overall support to the Head of Global Product on all levels of ground operations and DMC management
- Ensure our ‘Service Standards for Ground Handlers’ guidelines are being adhered to across all destinations
- Review passenger feedback (monthly), highlight consistent service concerns and implement strategies with the DMC to rectify
- Write/edit itineraries & destination information for use online and in print
- Edit and update web pages such as creating pages, writing content, uploading images, hotel descriptions and adding metadata
- Proofreading web, brochure and advertising copy for factual correctness
- Updating the intranet and web-based tailor-made system
- Uploading of all printed material/design and on-line media to printers, other offices and stakeholders
- Writing client letters regarding itineraries changes etc
- Adding dates, discounts, supplementary info to our web based and back office systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary Educated, ideally within the fields of travel, marketing, communications or other humanities
- Demonstrated experience in a product management role relating to travel
- Strong numeracy and data analytical skills
- Skills using In-Design and Photoshop software
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to multi-task, effective and efficient time management skills
- Highly results driven, self-starter, driven and entrepreneurial
- Must be well travelled, passionate and have a sense of adventure
- Ability to work as part of a small team with pressured deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
Nuts and Bolts
- Based in West Kensington London (opposite district line tube)
- Mainly Monday to Friday but some weekend work required around events and deadlines
- Some travel will be required
- Reporting to the Product Team Leader, based in London
- Attractive remuneration package of retainer and incentives
To apply for this job, please email email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 30th November 2018. All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted, but we thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.