Currently Recruiting for a ...
Product Team Leader
On The Go Tours is looking to hire an experienced, self-driven Product Team Leader to take on overall product management for a number of destinations, with the position based in our West London Office. The Product Team Leader would be responsible for creating new, and changing existing product, contracting, managing day to day operations with our DMCs, load management and writing copy for the web and staff leadership.
Responsible for a team of three Product Managers (one on maternity leave) you will also manage the workload of the unit to ensure the projects are completed within our time frame against competing priorities. The successful candidate will need to have effective commercial management skills to make decisions on the financial viability of any suggested product addition or change. For any change you will be responsible for communicating these changes to all stakeholders including our reservations, marketing and financial teams, our local partners in destination and clients. As a member of the product team you will write and place content on the website and work closely with the Marketing Team to ensure product is effectively and correctly marketed. You will be the driving force in On The Go’s product expansion into new destinations and new markets – both mainstream and niche. As the team is small and multi-disciplined you will need to be a self-starter with broad experience and a get it done attitude.
YOUR TOP 5 RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make commercially viable decisions on new and changes to existing product
- Manage the workload of a small team so that deadlines are met
- Solve issues (either client or the effect of a change in local conditions) occurring in destination with minimal upheaval, change and cost
- Become expert with all the tours we operate including the route, sites visited and inclusions
- Develop and manage your team
KEY PERFORMANCE DELIVERIES
CONTENT WRITING & WEB MANAGEMENT
- Write/edit itineraries & destination information for use online and in print
- Edit and update webpages, creating pages, writing content, uploading images and adding metadata
- Proof reading web, brochure and advertising copy for factual correctness
- Writing client letters regarding itinerary changes etc.
- Adding dates, discounts and supplementary info to our web-based and back office systems
GROUND OPERATIONS/ DMC MANAGEMENT
- Day to day communications with DMCs such as answering questions, providing advice on client related matters
- Contracting new DMCs
- Conducting annual price reviews, negotiating rates and requesting promotional discounts
- Conduct guide training, policy and procedure training and annual reviews in destination
- Overall support to the Head of Global Product on all levels of ground operations and DMC management
- Ensure our ‘Service Standards for Ground Handlers’ guidelines are being adhered to across all destinations
- Review passenger feedback (monthly), highlight consistent service concerns and implement strategies with the DMC to rectify
TEAM LEADER/ STAFF MANAGEMENT
Currently the product department consists of 3 F/T employees (one currently on maternity leave) based in the West Kensington office. The Global Head of Product works from Australia as do two other product support roles. The Product Team Leader would be the direct line manager for the London based employees.
- Ensure the work unit keeps to the timeline as set out in the Annual Product GANT chart and assign resources (staffing) so that the timeline is kept
- Prioritise the projects of the work unit, prioritising task with the most commercial value
- Set and manage staff KPDs and KPIs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Tertiary educated, ideally within the fields of travel, marketing, communications or other humanities
- Demonstrated experience in a product management role relating to travel
- Demonstrated experience with staff management
- Strong numeracy and data analytical skills
- Skills using In-Design and Photoshop software
- Excellent creative writing, editing and re-drafting skills as a considerable portion of the position (at times) will involve writing about travel destinations so it is vital that you are able to independently research and compose original, accurate and interesting destination information
- Highly results driven, self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Must be well travelled, passionate and have a sense of adventure
- Ability to work as part of a small team with pressured deadlines
- Very social and young company with offices in London, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa, and growing
- Be able to attend evening events as required
- Be prepared to support the global MD and Sales at different times of the year
- Embrace last minute demands and a fast paced environment
- Be open to and good with change
All outcomes are measured with KPIs and rewarded with appropriate incentives.
Accountability and Measures
Growth in Product Sales B2B and B2C
- Annual Turnover Figures by product and/or product portfolio
- Sales during promotions
- Minimization of errors
- Sales of High Margin Products
- Contract negotiation
- Cost management
- Weekly Sales by product reporting
- Delivery of product and pricing to marketing according to brochure schedule
- Contract negotiation and pricing
- Profit and/or margin
- Guide training and development
- Tactical specials negotiation
Nuts and Bolts
- Commencement date: 08 Jan 2018
- Based in West Kensington London (opposite district line tube)
- Monday to Friday but some weekend work required around events and deadlines
- Some travel will be required
- Reporting to the Global Head of Product, based in Australia
- Attractive remuneration package of retainer and incentives
To apply for this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
No recruitment consultants please. Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted, but we thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.
Interviews: There is no set dates for interviews or application close date. Interviews will be conducted within a fortnight of receiving applications for those we wish to interview. Application closes once the position has been filled.