Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Carry on your Egyptian affair before or after your tour, with a day tour (with lunch) to amazing Alexandria on the Mediterranean Coast. Founded by Alexander the Great, Alexandria boasts wonderful beaches and an impressive seafront corniche, along which are dotted cafes and restaurants, as well as catacombs, souks and relics from a bygone age.
||An aerial adventure awaits in Luxor! Imagine drifting silently over temples, ancient sites, ruins and villages in the early morning sun. See ancient Thebes from a different angle as you float above the River Nile and wave down at the locals as you drift a few metres from their open rooftops! |
||If your don't fancy travelling by overnight sleeper train on the Jewel of the Nile, Jewel of the Nile Sun Festival or Ramses Sunrise tours, then upgrade to our flight option, and fly from Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo. Enjoying two extra nights of comfort in 5* hotel accommodation. |
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Plan your trip to coincide with many of our destinations most fascinating and entertaining festivals. Witness the Sun Festival at Abu Simbel in Egypt, see the incredible ice sculptures at China's Harbin Ice Festival, get messy at Holi - India's festival of colour or join the technicoloured congregation of camels, cattle and humanity at the Pushkar Camel Fair. |
||Sail the open seas aboard a traditional gulet in Turkey or island hop the picturesque Dalmation Coast in Croatia. See the best of ancient Egypt onboard a Nile cruiser or dahabeya, cruise through the breathtaking three gorges of the Yangtze River in China or along the Euphrates in Syria or the stunning Neva and Volga Rivers in Russia. Or those with a real sense of adventure can to travel to end of the world on an incredible Antarctic expedition, witness a wildlife extravaganza on the remote Galapagos Islands or explore mighty Amazon Rainforest on a riverboat. |
||Possibly the most awe-inspiring temple of all ancient Egypt, with its gargantuan rock-cut façade, the great Sun Temple of King Ramses II at Abu Simbel was created to revere the mighty pharaonic ruler King Ramses II. Guarding the entrance to the temple and hewn into the side of a mountain are four famous colossal statues of the pharaoh himself.|
||Sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World, the amazing pyramids at Giza are the planet’s oldest tourist attraction! Known as Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus, the pyramids were already more than 2,000 years old when Herodotus the Greek historian visited them (5th century BC).|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza Plateau, Necropolis of Saqqara, and The Egyptian Museum
- 5 * Nile cruising - islands en route
- Abu Simbel - at sunrise, witness the grand accomplishment and feat of precision mastered by King Rames II at the Abu Simbel Sun Festival
- Luxor - Temple of Karnak and Luxor Temple by night
- Elephantine Island and Kitchener island - felucca sailing
- Aswan - High Dam, Philae Temple, local market & souq
- Kom Ombo - Temple of Kom Ombo
- Edfu - Temple of Horus
- Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Breakfast daily, 4 lunches, 6 dinners - (2 aboard sleeper train)
- Return coach journey (3.5hrs) to Abu Simbel
- 2 nights train: Cairo - Luxor and Aswan - Cairo (1st Class sleeper cabin accommodation) including meals
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 11
- Escorted by an Egyptian tour leader/guide degree qualified in Egyptology
- Group tip kitty included (excl. gratuities for your tour guide and Nile Cruise staff)
- 4 nights aboard 5 star deluxe Nile cruiser (twin/double cabin with en suite bathroom)
- 2 nights 5 star hotels - Cairo, 1 night 5 star hotel in Luxor and Aswan
- Felucca sailing afternoon, boat journey to Philae Temple
- Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Kom Ombo, Edfu & Luxor
- All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Abu Simbel and Sun Festival entrance fee
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Entrance Fees: $105-115 USD
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture.