27. If We Change or Cancel your Package Booking
We aim to operate all tours as advertised but as we plan the tours many months in advance, we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
Changes: If we make an insignificant change to your Package Holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure, but we will have no liability to you. Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, minor amendments
to the daily itinerary, and changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements by more than 12 hours.
- A significant change to your tour itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
Cancellation: We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 42 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure, low numbers or failure by you to pay the final balance by the applicable due date. We may cancel your tour before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will opt to offer you either:
- accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid (less any unrecoverable costs if the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control); or
- accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
You must notify us of your choice within 2 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 2 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
If your original booking was deferred for any reason, and the replacement booking is cancelled more than 30 days in advance, a credit note will be offered. If the replacement booking is cancelled less than 30 days in advance, 100% of the total holiday cost will be forfeited.
If we cancel or make a significant change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you, we will pay you reasonable compensation of GBP £40 per person or equivalent, in the following circumstances:
- If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
- If we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make an insignificant change;
- where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 42 days before departure;
- where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
- where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure (see clause 9).
In the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances resulting in a change to your stay (or where we become unable to provide a significant portion of the booked arrangements after your journey has commenced), alternative arrangements can usually be made by re-purposing the monies paid to us (less any cancellation or change fees which have already been applied). Where substitute arrangements are of a lower standard, an appropriate refund will be granted. Any further costs incurred, would need to be addressed with your personal travel insurance provider. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health (such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination) or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point. Decisive action will be taken by us in such cases, when travel advice is changed or updated by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
In the event of unforeseen circumstances or extensions to your stay, direct assistance can be offered by us until the date of completion of your original travel arrangements made with us. Any relief required after this time would need to be addressed with your personal travel insurance provider.