Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, thus avoiding the single person supplement.
All our scheduled tour departures are guaranteed subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
|Amman Pre-Tour accommodation
|Madaba Post-Tour accommodation
|New Years in Wadi Rum - 8 Days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Ever wanted to know how to make real, authentic Middle Eastern hoummus? Based just up the road from the entrance to the Rose City, Petra Kitchen - a locally managed business staffed by local Jordanian people, offers a hands-on approach to the preparation of a Middle Eastern repast. At Petra Kitchen, enjoy a cooking session which will result in the mysteries of dishes such as baba ghanoush, fattoush, sambousek b’jibn (cheese triangles) and proper hoummus-from-scratch dispelled before your very eyes and with your very involvement. Then enjoy the fruits of your labours - a faraway feast, fit for a king, sultan or khedive! Something good’s cooking at the Petra Kitchen!|
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Get your adrenaline pumping with our selection of off road adventures. Take an exciting 4x4 ride across the red desert of Wadi Rum in Jordan or the Western Desert in Egypt, or perhaps test out your Quad biking skills by the coast in Morocco.|
||Experience breathtaking sunsets, incredible starry skies and the vast, beautiful landscapes of some of the world's most spectacular deserts. See the incredible limestone formations of the White Desert in Egypt, camel trek across the endless rolling sand dunes of the Sahara or India's great Thar Desert and climb Dune 45 in Namibia.|
||The Rose City of Petra is the jewel in Jordan’s glittering archaeological crown, and is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Accessed on a walk through a narrow, deep and winding cleft in the rock that is known as the Siq, the end prize is the hidden valley where the Rose City of Petra lies. And the first sight to behold is the façade of Al-Kazneh – aka the Treasury of Petra. This rose red building actually served as a royal tomb, but got its name from the legend that pirates hid their treasure there. With a backstory like that and its amazing appearance its no surprise to learn that it was this building that served as the Holy Grail’s resting place In Indiana Jones and the last crusade.
Petra is full of ancient tombs, temples and ruins ripe for modern-day discoverers like us!|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Amman - capital of Jordan - the ancient Citadel, fascinating Archaeological Museum and the downtown local souqs
- Umm Qais ruins - a rarely visited blend of Roman ruins and intact Ottoman village.
- The Rose Red city of Petra - UNESCO World Heritage site and Jordan's most visited site.
- Umm ar-Rasas - ancient walled city on the caravan trading route
- Madaba - Christian market town, Church of St George and Jordan’s finest Byzantine mosaics.
- Jerash - sprawling ruins of an ancient Roman city
- Dead Sea - saltiest body of water in the world.
- Wadi Rum - monolithic rock scapes, 4000 year old rock drawings and amazing desert camp.
- Mt Nebo - stunning views across the Promised Land
- Breakfast daily, 2 dinners including New Year’s Bedouin Party at Wadi Rum camp
- Wadi Rum dinner & camp/4x4 desert safari
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 8
- Escorted by a qualified Jordanian tour guide
- 6 nights - 3 star hotels, 1 night - Wadi Rum deluxe desert camp
- Dead Sea - free time and mud bath
- Touring of Amman, Jerash, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Umm ar-Rasas, Mt Nebo and Madaba
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
What's Not Included
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture.
- Tipping Kitty: $35-45 USD
- International flights and visa
- Entrance Fees: $140-150 USD
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Al-Qasr Metropole - Amman
Recently refurbished, the Al Qasr Metropole is a modern and chic boutique hotel. Guest rooms are beautifully furnished and include free Wi-Fi connection and luxury en suite facilities. All guests at the Al Qasr gain free access to the on site Fitness First gym as well as complimentary breakfast. The rooftop restaurant has fantastic panoramic views of Amman and is a great place to spend the evening.
Well located in Shmeisani, one of Amman's most prestigious neighbourhoods.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Just 300 ft from the entrance gate to Petra, the Petra Moon hotel features spacious rooms with private balconies and flat-screen TVs. It also has a roof garden with a seasonal outdoor pool. The soundproofed rooms and suites at Petra Moon come with satellite channels, a DVD player and extra-long beds. Each has air conditioning and a private bathroom.
The hotel is 100 metres from the main gate of Petra.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
A row of permanent tents in the desert make up the popular Rainbow Camp. Inside the tents are comfortable camp beds and warm bedding. Showers and toilets are close by and are cleaned thoroughly everyday. Guests can relax in the communal area which is adorned with colourful rugs and cushions. The food at Rainbow Camp always gets rave reviews. Taking an evening stroll around the beautiful surroundings is a great way to work up an appetite before dinner.
Well located in the heart of Wadi Rum.
|Our Rating : Simple —
Local Rating: Deluxe Camp
Mosaic City Hotel - Madaba
Cosy and modern, two words to describe the Mosaic City Hotel in Jordan's vibrant Madaba. Guest rooms are comfortable and simply furnished and the hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests. The restaurant serves a range of dishes on request.
The hotel is located in the very heart of Madaba, within short walking distance from the Church of St. George which houses the famous mosaic map of the Holy Land.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel