Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, thus avoiding the single person supplement.
All our scheduled tour departures are guaranteed subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
|Amman Pre-Tour accommodation
|Madaba Post-Tour accommodation
|New Years in Wadi Rum - 8 Days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Ever wanted to know how to make real, authentic Middle Eastern hoummus? Based just up the road from the entrance to the Rose City, Petra Kitchen - a locally managed business staffed by local Jordanian people, offers a hands-on approach to the preparation of a Middle Eastern repast. At Petra Kitchen, enjoy a cooking session which will result in the mysteries of dishes such as baba ghanoush, fattoush, sambousek b’jibn (cheese triangles) and proper hoummus-from-scratch dispelled before your very eyes and with your very involvement. Then enjoy the fruits of your labours - a faraway feast, fit for a king, sultan or khedive! Something good’s cooking at the Petra Kitchen!|
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Get your adrenaline pumping with our selection of off road adventures. Take an exciting 4x4 ride across the red desert of Wadi Rum in Jordan or the Western Desert in Egypt, or perhaps test out your Quad biking skills by the coast in Morocco.|
||Experience breathtaking sunsets, incredible starry skies and the vast, beautiful landscapes of some of the world's most spectacular deserts. See the incredible limestone formations of the White Desert in Egypt, camel trek across the endless rolling sand dunes of the Sahara or India's great Thar Desert and climb Dune 45 in Namibia.|
||The Rose City of Petra is the jewel in Jordan’s glittering archaeological crown, and is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Accessed on a walk through a narrow, deep and winding cleft in the rock that is known as the Siq, the end prize is the hidden valley where the Rose City of Petra lies. And the first sight to behold is the façade of Al-Kazneh – aka the Treasury of Petra. This rose red building actually served as a royal tomb, but got its name from the legend that pirates hid their treasure there. With a backstory like that and its amazing appearance its no surprise to learn that it was this building that served as the Holy Grail’s resting place In Indiana Jones and the last crusade.
Petra is full of ancient tombs, temples and ruins ripe for modern-day discoverers like us!|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Amman - Ancient hilltop citadel, fascinating Archaeological Museum and bustling souqs
- Umm Qais - Roman Decapolis city, once a cultural centre, home to poets and great philosophers
- Petra - UNESCO-listed Nabataean city that was all but lost to the modern world until its rediscovery in 1812
- Umm ar-Rasas - An ancient city and important stop on the caravan route between east and west
- Madaba - Christian market town, Church of St George, Jordan’s finest Byzantine mosaics
- Jerash - Ruins of the ancient Roman city, which at over 2000 years old is still surprisingly well-preserved
- Dead Sea - Dramatically beautiful landscape with warm buoyant mineral-rich waters
- Wadi Rum - Vast red desert landscape with rolling dunes and dramatic rock formations
- Mt Nebo - Perhaps one of the most sacred sites in Jordan with views across the Promised Land
- 8 breakfasts and 2 dinners including New Year’s Bedouin Party at Wadi Rum camp
- Wadi Rum dinner, camping and 4x4 safari
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 8
- Escorted by a qualified Jordanian tour guide
- 6 nights - 4 star hotels, 1 night - Wadi Rum deluxe desert camp
- Dead Sea - Free time to swim and detox
- Touring of Amman, Jerash, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Umm ar-Rasas, Mt Nebo and Madaba
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
What's Not Included
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Tipping Kitty: $45-55 USD
- International flights and visa
- Entrance Fees: $140-150 USD