Take an inspirational journey to the revered Holy Land. Our 4 day Jerusalem & Beyond tour visits some of the best known historical and sacred sights of the Promised Land.
Soak up magnificent views of the old city from the Mount of Olives on a coach tour of Jerusalem. Take a guided walking tour of the atmospheric old city; wander through the Armenian and Jewish quarters to the Cardo (ancient Roman road). Continue on through the old City and the Christian quarter, visiting the famous Wailing Wall - a place of constant prayer and one of the most revered Hebrew sites. Retrace the final labored steps of Jesus, burdened under the weight of the cross, along the Via Dolorosa to the hallowed Church of the Sepulchre; the site of the crucifixion, Jesus’ tomb and the resurrection.
The tour takes us beyond Jerusalem to many other key religious sites and Biblical landscapes. A short drive from Jerusalem is Bethlehem – the birthplace of Jesus; where we visit Manger Square and the Church of Nativity, which is reputed to be the oldest Church in the world and the site where Jesus was born. We take in the sights of Nazareth – the home of Joseph and Mary, visiting the famous Churches of the Annunciation and St. Joseph. Heading North via Cana – where Jesus turned water into wine, we reach the shores of the Sea of Galilee and visit the significant Christian sites of Capernaum, historic Tiberias and Tabgha - site of the legendary Sermon on the Mount and the feeding of the 5000.
- This bolt-on departs on a Saturday on the following dates:
2014 dates: 03 Jan, 11 Jan, 01 Feb, 15 Feb, 01 Mar, 15 Mar, 29 Mar, 03 May, 24 May, 07 Jun, 28 Jun, 19 Jul, 09 Aug, 23 Aug, 06 Sep, 04 Oct, 18 Oct, 01 Nov, 15 Nov, 29 Nov, 13 Dec 2014.
Our Jerusalem and beyond itinerary can be booked in conjunction with with our Totally Jordan, Passage to Petra and Desert Reefs and Ruins Group tours or feature as part of a Tailor-made arrangement.
When to go: Price is based on group departures departing from Madaba on a Saturday.
- 3 nights 3 star accommodation, 3 breakfast and 3 dinners.
- Walking tour of the Old City: Wailing Wall, Cardo, Christian Quarter, Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulcher (site of Jesus’ crucifixion, tomb and resurrection). Coach tours of: Jerusalem and Mount of Olives (fabulous panoramic views of Jerusalem). Bethlehem - Shepherd’s Field, Church of the Nativity (the site where Jesus was born) and Manger Square. Nazareth: Church of the Annunciation and Church of St Joseph. Cana (where Jesus turned water into wine) Tiberias, Capernaum (birthplace of Peter) and Tabgha (site of the sermon on the Mount & the feeding of the 5000), Sea of Galilee.
- Services of an English speaking local guide during all included sightseeing.
- Transfer from Amman or Madaba to Jerusalem and return transfer from Jerusalem to Madaba (or Queen Alia Airport if you are adding this bolt-on to any Jordan group tour).
- Transportation whilst touring an air-conditioned vehicles.
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing
NOTE: If you are flying from Amman on day 4 please
ensure that you book a flight departing after 5pm,
in case of unforeseen delays at the border.
- Excludes: Tipping and border taxes: Jordan USD$8 and Israel USD$48 (subject to change).
|Jerusalem & Beyond
Jerusalem & Beyond is available on the following trips