Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, (if another solo traveller of the same sex is already booked upon the tour), thus avoiding the single person supplement.
Tour Pricing & Deposits:
In Burma tourism is relatively new and at this point in time demand exceeds supply meaning that hotels and the local airlines tend to increase prices on a whim. We are required to pay for hotels up front in order to book rooms and for this reason it is necessary for us to collect a higher deposit at time of booking which is non refundable. Furthermore due to airline policy, domestic flight tickets in Burma cannot be issued until a few days prior to departure, which means that airfares are subject to change without prior notice, until the tickets are issued. This means it may be necessary to add a supplement to your tour cost.
Burma's New Year & ANZAC - 14 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Plan your trip to coincide with many of our destinations most fascinating and entertaining festivals. Witness the Sun Festival at Abu Simbel in Egypt, see the incredible ice sculptures at China's Harbin Ice Festival, get messy at Holi - India's festival of colour or join the technicoloured congregation of camels, cattle and humanity at the Pushkar Camel Fair. |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Yangon - Chaukhtagyi Paya and Sule Pagoda, Maha Bandoola Park, City Hall, the High Court, Naga Cave monastic school, Shwedagon Pagoda & War Cemetery
- Amarapura - Mahagandayon Monastery, U Bein Bridge, Mahamuni Temple, Maha Aungmye Bonzan Monastery, Mainu brick monastery & the old watchtower
- Kyaikhtiyo Hill - Golden Rock Pagoda
- Mawlamyine - Sadan & Khayone caves, Mawlamyine Hill & Death Railway Cemetery
- Mandalay - Water Festival, Mya Nan San Kyaw Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery & Kuthodaw Pagoda
- Bagan - boat trip from Mandalay, Shwezigon Pagoda, Kyansittha Cave Temple, Manuha Temple, Nanpaya Temple, Ananda Temple, Thatbyinnyu Temple, Dhammayangyi Temple & Mingalarzedi Pagoda
- Hpa An - Ba Yin Nyi & Kawgun caves, Shwe Sar Yan Pagoda
- Bago - Shwemawdaw and Kyaikpun pagodas
- 13 breakfasts
- Airport transfer on day 1 and day 14
- All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- ANZAC Day - pay your respects at the World War II cemetery dedicated to the POWs of the Death Railway
- Water Festival - join New Year’s celebrations by visiting various local pandals in Yangon
- Boat ride from Mandalay to Bagan
- 13 nights in 3 - 4 star hotels
- Led by a local English speaking guide
- Guided sightseeing - Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Golden Rock, Hpa An, Mawlamyine, and Bago
- Taukkyan War Cemetery - memorial dedicated to the Allied Soldiers of the British Commonwealth
- Private boat to/from Mingun in Mandalay
- Maximum group size: 24 travellers
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Entrance Fees: $65-75 USD
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Tipping Kitty: $35-45 USD