Vancouver Island Cycling Tour including Lunch and Wine Tasting5 reviews
Pedal along the trail and through the Saanich Peninsula enjoying the gorgeous sights this coastline has to offer. Breath in the fresh sea air before making your way inland where you will stop for lunch at a local "farm to table" cafe, serving fresh ingredients from the area. After lunch, head to Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park where you'll cycle around the lake enjoying the pristine nature and tranquility en route to DevIne Vineyard. The final push up the hill into the winery is deservedly rewarded with a refreshing taste of the crisp and opulent wines this region offers. One can sit back, relax and take in the magnificent views over the Saanich Peninsula and beyond. Following the wine tasting, make your way back to the ferry terminal along quiet country roads and trails. At Swartz bay, board the ferry and make the voyage back to Vancouver.
One can expect to cycle approximately 55 km (34 miles) on professionally maintained trails and quiet country roads. The route can be made longer or shorter depending upon the desires of the group. The duration of the tour is between 9 and 12 hours depending upon the speed of the group and route taken.
- Transport by private bus
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Tour escort/host
- All activities
- Wine tasting
- Bottled water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Devine
**You must contact local tour operator to reconfirm pickup time and location**
You'll be picked up from centrally located accommodations in downtown Vancouver or from one of the three centrally located pick up locations:
• Yaletown-Roundhouse Train Station
• The Cactus Club Cafe at English Bay
• Burrard Train Station beside The Hyatt Regency Hotel
Returns to the original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must contact local tour operator to reconfirm pickup time and location*
- Please include your email in the 'special requirements' section at checkout*
- Tour participants are recommended to wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and footwear
- Tour participants are recommended to bring sun screen
- Tour participants are advised to bring extra water and snacks
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- A moderate amount of cycling is involved with a 34-mile (55-km) cycle
- Tour participants should have a basic level of fitness
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.8 out of 5 based on the last 5 recent reviews